Can I use Distortions Unlimited Props and Animatronics Outdoors?
Many of our customers use our productss outside in their professional haunted houses, theme parks, events or home yard haunts. However, the outdoor elements can degrade your prop over time so here are some tips if you plan to use your prop outside to help it last a long time.
- it's okay for props to get rained on, but don't let props SIT IN WATER.
- protect the power supplies, so they are not sitting in water.
- sandbag or stake down so they don't get blown over by the wind.
- make sure the prop is totally DRY before putting it away for the year.
- sun damages latex over time so it may help the prop to spray it with Krylon UV Protectant Matte Clear Spray. Make sure you test it on a small part of the prop first to make sure that it does not change the coloring.