Alien Spider waits in its dark layer, using its supreme intelligence to lure and capture its victims. It's been speculated that Alien Spider once lived in a dark asteroid cave, hidden from even starlight before the asteroid crashed on the Earth. Others have said that it originated on earth in a terrible experiment, and is a genetic relative of Alien Parasite. There have even been rumors that it is not alien at all, but rather a super-intelligent skeletal spider that prowls graveyards.
This giant spider Halloween prop is the perfect Halloween decor for your Sci-Fi horror scene, scary yard haunt, Halloween porch, or haunted attraction. This spider prop is big! Its body is approx. 3 ft. long from head to tail and the span of its legs is approx. 5 ft. wide depending on how they are posed.
Alien Spider is crafted in the USA at Distortions Unlimited and has exceptional detail, long bendable legs for posing, and one red LED FX light that creates an eerie glow for your spider prop. Its thorax is a huge brain, and its scary face includes striking eyes and multiple jaws. Our giant Alien Spider Halloween prop is hand-crafted and painted at Distortions Unlimited and made to last. It is made of latex and foam filled with metal armature.
Alien Spider stands on the floor or a platform and its legs can be posed and positioned to create various looks. It can also be hung or mounted using the included chain in the abdomen. Imagine positioning it in a spooky scene!
Distortions Unlimited has been creating innovative and high-quality Halloween props, masks, and animatronics for over 40 years.
Size - The span of the legs is approx. 5 ft. wide depending on how they are positioned. Approx. 3 ft. long from head to tail. When disassembled it ships in a box size 36 in. x 16 in. x 16 in.
Weight - Approx. 22 pounds
Materials - Foam-filled latex skin with metal armature
Includes - Alien Spider prop body, Two sets of 4 spider legs that bolt on the body, One red FX LED light, Bolts.
Easy assembly - Leg sets must be bolted on the body (bolts included)
* The metal stand that Alien Spider is hanging on in the photos is NOTincluded. Using the chain attached to the back of its abdomen you can hang it in a variety of ways. In addition to hanging, Alien can also support itself on the floor in a "crawling" pose.
Can I use my prop outdoors?
- it's okay for props to get rained on, but don't let props SIT IN WATER.
- protect the power supplies, so they are not sitting in water.
- sandbag or stake down so they don't get blown over by the wind.
- make sure the prop is DRY before putting it away for the year.
- Sun damages latex over time so it may help the prop to spray it with Krylon UV Protectant Matte Clear Spray. Make sure you test it on a small part of the prop first to make sure that it does not change the coloring.